- Psoriasis is a widely spread disease
- nowadays,characterised by thickened skin,usually found to be covered by silvery scales,
- Although being a skin ailment,it also disturbs the immune system.
- Here the skin cells rise below the surface and compile up on the surface of skin before getting matured.
- It is a long process usually,but the psoriasis scaling and piling process is quite fast and takes a few days to show effects.
- The infected area usually shows reddish,inflamed, scaly white patches on them,it often gets worse in comorbidities like combining with other diseases such as Diabetes,Cancer,Aids and other autoimmune diseases.
- The patches may get worse on itching ,scratching and irritating them or any other small skin injuries superimposing them.
- Some common characteristics are itching ,burning,cracking of skin,splitting of the areas and bending.
- Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease involving a great significance of genetic and environmental factors. It is a disease where skin gets dry,inflamed,and looks very ugly.
Characteristics features of psoriasis:
- The patchy areas become dry, inflamed with white scaling on them.
- Most common symptoms are itching and burn
- Skin becomes dry, inflamed, ugly looking and continuously scaling.
- Most common sites affected by psoriasis are:
- Breast and genitals
- Knees and elbows
Types of psoriasi:
- Plaque psoriasis: most common form of psoriasis, affects a wide range of population, featured by a raised area of reddish skin with silver scales.
- Pustular psoriasis: appears as raised bumps, filled with non-infectious pus, skin shows redness and tenderness.
- Nail psoriasis: featured by a wide number of changes on nail and toes appearance, characterised by discoloration, pitting, and thickening of skin under nails, loosening of nails.
- Guttate psoriasis: featured by small oval spots, mainly appears on broad areas of body such as trunk, limbs, scalp.
- Flexural psoriasis: Featured as smooth, inflamed patches on skin fold area such as behind the knee, armpit, and groin areas.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: characterised by extensive inflammation and exfoliation of skin over a wide surface of the body exhibiting severe itching, swelling, and pain.
- It may be fatal due to its vigorous inflammation and exfoliation disturbing the thermal regulation of the body.
Major causes responsible for psoriasis:
- Environmental cause: There are various environmental factors responsible for psoriasis. such as: Mechanical injury, infections, drugs, complication, stress, smoking etc, Most common cause of psoriasis is infection of streptococcus bacteria frequently leading to outbreak of guttate psoriasis.
- Genetic factors: After various researches that genetic basis is responsible greatly for the occurrence of psoriasis, the occurrence is greatly found responsible in first and second degree close relatives of psoriasis patients.
- Immunological factors: As it is been proven that psoriasis is an autoimmune disease so, it has a great impact on immunity of the body, the levels of TNF-alpha which is a neuroreceptor or autacoids levels raised up in dermal and circulating cells. Which ultimately increases the level of killer T cells in the body, hence kills its own cells.
Management of psoriasis by home remedies
- Sunlight: as sunlight composed of a cluster of wavelengths of Uv rays, Uv rays are very beneficial for the skin as far as skin diseases are being considered, here it depresses the activated T cells causing skin death, it later heals the skin slowly.
- Massage: oiling massage therapy is always beneficial in moisturising the skin, here the excessive dryness of skin can be treated by massage of olive oil to the affected areas. It contains a large amount of antioxidant properties.
- Aloe vera: Local application of Aloe vera to the affected part is a very soothing and effective remedy for the treatment of psoriasis. No, side effects had been recorded so far.
- Neem: Boiling the bathing water with fresh neem leaves and using it for bath after stirring and cooling could be very beneficial to kill externally exposed bacterias and protects the skin from further infections.
- Diet: Diet is a very crucial aspect of every treatment procedure in ayurveda, specially as far as skin is been concerned, have diet which is light and rich in fibres. Avoid heavy and carbohydrate rich diets which may even worsen the skin.
- Meditation: As far as treatment is considered, meditation is also an essential branch of it, since patients suffering from psoriasis deal with a great emotional and psychological stress, they need to keep their mind calm, for better results.
When to see a doctor??
It is quite a serious disease to deal with, so it need not to be entertained for a longer duration of time,see immediately an ayurvedic clinic or visit to the official website of nirog street for experts advice
It is an autoimmune disorder which makes the appearance of skin pinkish red,dry and whitish scaly
Psoriasis has been diagnosed by the help of dermatologists examining the patch and deciding the severity of illness.
It is treated by solar therapy, local application and blood purification by the means of supervision under a specialised doctor