Amritarishta is an Ayurvedic medicine that contains Ayurvedic ingredients like Guduchi, Dashmool, Gur, Shweta Jeerak, Parpataka, Saptaparna, and others. It helps cure chronic fever. It is also a mild analgesic and it detoxifies body after strong fever. Amritarishta is used as a blood purifier and haematogenic tonic in popular medicine.
- Amrita (Guduci) Tinospora cordifolia Stem 4.8 kg
- Bilva Aegle Mmarmelos Stem Bark 480 g
- Shyonaka Oroxylum Indicum Stem Bark 480 g
- Gambhari Gmelina Arborea Stem Bark 480 g
- Patala Stereospermum Ssuaveolens Stem Bark 480 g
- Agnimantha Premna Mmucronata Stem Bark 480 g
- Shalaparni Desmodium Ggangeticum Plant 480 g
- Prishniparni Uraria Picta Plant 480 g
- Brihati Solanum melongena var. Indicum Plant 480 g
- Kantakari Solanum Surattense Plant 480 g
- Gokshura Tribulus Terrestris Plant 480 g
- Jala for decoction Water 49.152 liter reduced to 12.288 liter
- Guda Jaggery 14.4 kg
- Ajaji (Shveta Jiraka) Cuminum cyminum Fruit 768 g
- Raktapushpaka (Parpata) Fumaria Parviflora Plant 96 g
- Saptaparia Alstonia scholaris Stem Bark 48 g
- Shunthi Zingiber officinale Rhizome 48 g
- Maricha Piper nigrum Fruit 48 g
- Pippali Piper longum Fruit 48 g
- Nagakeshara Mesua ferrea Stamen 48 g
- Abda (Musta) Cyperus rotundus Rhizome 48 g
- Katvi (Katuka) Picrorrhriza kurroa Rhizome 48 g
- Prativisha (Ativisha) Aconitum Heterophyllum Root 48 g
- Vatsabija Indrayava Holarrhena antidysenterica Seed 48 g
Amritarishta has following medicinal actions--Antipyretic, mild Analgesic, rejuvenative, adaptogen, antipruritic, antioxidant, hematogenic, detoxifier , digestive Stimulant and dlood Purifier or detoxifier.
- Chronic Fever
- Fever after childbirth
- Fever due to diseases of spleen or the liver
- Malarial fever
- Typhoid Fever
- Visham Jvar (fever that repeats after every 1 or 2 or 3 days) Chikunguniya
Dosage and Anupana
12 ml to 24 ml twice daily mixing with an equal amount of water after meals or as directed by physician.
Amritarishta has no side effects when used wisely according to Doshas and in the recommended dosage. High dosage is not recommendable and may result in burning or irritation in the alimentary canal due to its alcoholic content.
10 years from date of mannufactering.
Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Jvaradhikara; 690-692.