This is Ayurvedic hair oil formulation is used for skin conditions. This oil is prepared with sesame oil as a base oil sometimes coconut oil is taken as a base oil then this formulation is known as Eladi Keratailam, Eladi keram or Eladi coconut oil.
Tila taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum
- Ela – cardamom – Elettaria cardamomum
- Sthoola Ela – Amomum subulatum
- Turushka – Hydnocarpus laurifolia
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Phalini – Callicarpa macrophylla
- Mamsi – Nardostachys jatamansi
- Jaladhyamaka- Coleus zeylanicus
- Sprikka – Anisomeles malabarica
- Choraka – Angelica archagelica
- Chochapatra – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Tagara – Valeriana wallichii
- Sthauneya – Taxus baccata
- Jati- Myristica fragrans
- Rasa – Commiphora myrrha
- Shukti – Ostrea edulis
- Vyaghranakha – Capparis sepiaria
- Marahva – Cedrus deodara
- Aguru- Aquilaria agallocha
- Shrivasaka – Pinus longifolia
- Kumkuma – Saffron – Crocus sativus
- Chanda – Costus speciosus
- Guggulu – Commiphora mukul
- Devadhupa – Shorea robusta
- Khapura – Boswellia serrata
- Punnaga – Calophyllum inophyllum
- Nagahva – Mesua ferrea
Properties and Uses:
- It is used in hair treatment for skin diseases like allergic dermatitis, ring worm infection, urticaria.
- It is useful in scabies, erysipelas and cattarh.
- It is also used to improve skin complexion and texture.
- This oil is also used like external application for skin detox treatment.
- It is used in defective teeth, diseases of gums and mouth, ear ache and boils.
Dosage and Anupan:
For skin diseases should be applied over the affected area and left as such for minimum half hour, before it is washed off and for skin detox and to improve skin texture, tone and complexion, it should be used as a massage oil over face, and on whole body.
There is no side effects yet reported and is safe to use
Maximum up to 3 years from the date of manufacturing.
Sahasra yoga – Tailayoga Prakarana