Indukanta Ghritam is a medicated ayurvedic clarified cow's Ghee. It is useful in the management of abdominal diseases including gaseous distension, bloating, flatulence, intestinal gas, loss of appetite, abdominal spasm or colic.so we can say that it mainly acts on Vata Dosha and reduces its aggravation. Used in abdominal disorders with the dominance of Vata Symptoms.
Sanskrit name. Quantity
- Putika (Holoptelea integrifolia) 256 g
- Chavya (Piper cubeba) 48 g
- Shunti (Ginger) 48 g
- Ghrita ( ghee ). 768 g
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) 48 g
- Yavakshara (Hordeum vulgare). 48 g
- Pippali (Long pepper ). 48 g
- Daru (Cedrus deodara) 256 g
- Milk 768 ml
- Pippalimoola (Long pepper root ). 48 g
Water: 12.288 liters
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos. 25.6 g
- Brihati – Solanum indicum. 25.6 g
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata. 25.6 g
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum 25.6 g
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum. 25.6 g
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea. 25.6 g
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens. 25.6 g
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum. 25.6 g
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta. 25.6 g
- Gokshura Tribulus terrestris 25.6 g
Properties and Uses:
Indukanta Ghritam has following healing properties and Antiflatulent, Hepatoprotective, Antipyretic, Antispasmodic, Carminative, Cholagogue, Demulcent, Digestive, Emollient & Appetizer.
Dosage and Anupan: 5 to 12 grams twice a day. Take this medicine with either luke warm water or warm milk or take a fresh stem juice of Giloy.
Side effects: There is no side effect and it is safe to use
Shelf life: Three years from manufacturing date.
Refrence: From Sahasrayogam.