We are leading a hectic life, the pressure at workplace or tension of the work at any place be it home or office has taken a toll on our health. The biggest evidence of our hectic lifestyle is the pain in body parts which has become quite common now; Pain in Neck, Shoulder, Back are some of the most common problems that trouble people. The causes of Neck Pain can be due to sitting for long hours with the wrong posture, a strain on the neck, or it can be due to any other medical problem. The Neck Pain is one of the agony that have capability to make life miserable for the sufferer such that even performing the simple task becomes a big deal. the people who switch to the painkillers for the Neck Pain, of course, get relief but for a short-term. The Neck Pains if not treated can become a big issue, so why not treats the neck pain and eliminate it from roots. The Ayurveda treatment for the neck pain gives us the way so as to treat the root cause of neck pain so that the person gets the permanent relief.
Neck Pain In Ayurveda
As per Ayurveda, there are three Doshas in a Human body; Vata, Kapha and Pitta. The pain in the neck is due to the aggravated Vata Dosha which results in stiffness of the neck. The stiffness of neck is known as Manyastambha in Ayurveda. Some of the causes of the stiffness in the neck are:
- Improper lying or sitting postures.
- Heavy exercise involving neck or shoulder.
- Use of hard pillow.
- Constant pressure on Cervical region.
- Neck injury.
- Performing the activities which involve raising arms for longer duration.
These are just some reasons; the problem can due to any reason which causes the strain in the neck area.
The stiffness in the neck causes the trouble in neck movement along with pain. It can also cause swelling or can lead to pain in shoulder or back.
Ayurvedic Treatments For Neck Pain:
Ayurvedic Therapies: The Ayurvedic Treatment Of Neck Pains involve various kind of therapies which can bring relief to the affected area, some of these therapies are:
- Pizhichil - The medicated oil is poured Rhythmically on the body with a pat of light massage.
- Nasyam - In this treatment, the medicated oil is given in nose so that it reaches neck and cleans the toxins.
- Greeva Vasthi - The massage is given to strengthen the neck and muscles.
- Abhyangam - In this therapy, the body is massaged with medicated oils.
- Podikkizhi - In this treatment as a patient is given fomentation with the heated bolus of herbal powders.
The aim of these therapies is to relive the person from stress and pain.
Ayurvedic Medicines: The Ayurvedic Medicines are very useful for Neck Pain. The person can take medicines made from Ayurvedic Herbs some of which are Rasna, Ashwagandha, Dasamoola, Bala, Bilva, Gokshura.
Healthy Lifestyle: Apart from the therapies and medicines, the person should also stick to a healthy lifestyle and stay away from dry substances, curd oily, fried and cold foods.
Exercise: The exercise which relives the stress are also included in the routine of the person suffering from neck pain.
Image reference: source/link