- Dr. Sandhya, please tell us about your educational background and professional qualification briefly.
I did my B.A.M.S. from Smt. KGMP Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai. Currently, I am pursuing M.D. in Dravyaguna Vigyan from the same college and placed as a surgery resident doctor as well.
- Why did you choose Ayurvedic practices?
Ayurveda has its historical roots in India. I always had an interest in ancient medicine and therapies and I have a lot of faith in Ayurveda.
- What is your experience when it comes to treating patients? Do they trust the treatment?
Yes, they trust the treatment. And they also feel great that we have Ayurveda to remedy diseases that the western medicine cannot.
- Any challenges have you seen working with practitioners and teachers on patient cases?
Since I am still a student and not a practitioner, So the experience is only beginning to unfold. I have been seen so many challenging cases successfully treated by my teachers.
- Any out of ordinary situation that you have faced during the treatment of a patient?
Yes, many a time a situation comes when we hardly have the medicine that the patient requires. At that time, managing the patient is always an extraordinary call of duty.
- How good is Ayurveda as a career choice for women?
I think it is the best profession for women.
- Do you think it makes them well-empowered and self-dependent?
Yes, it gives women the opportunity and scope to prove themselves and have an independent career.
- Dr. Sandhya, how effective is traditional medicine as a cure?
It is highly effective. This is the reason why Ayurveda market is growing day by day. It's a time-tested medical science.
- What do you think of Ayurveda’s future and its role in integrated medicine?
Ayurveda has a great future as it has the potential to cure all the illnesses. It also has a role in preventing the occurrence of the diseases. It is an exceptional health science.
- Do you think Nirogstreet is making a difference by striving to connect Ayurveda practitioners through dedicated technology platforms?
Nirogstreet is really a sui generis platform and nirogstreet for Ayurveda doctors app is a good effort toward community building and learning. To connect with doctors all over India is a great concept and the need of the hour. In the app, I have read so many different views of different doctors about the same disease. And I have given my views also. It is nice to learn new treatments from experienced doctors who want to share their expertise for the sake of society and Ayurveda.
- Any hobbies or activities you engage in, outside your professional life?
Most of my day is devoted to Ayurveda itself.
What message would you like to convey to the people on Wellbeing?
I’d say, follow Ayurveda sincerely and live a happy life.