Cashew nut is a dry fruit that is also known as Kaju. Cashews are highly nutritious as it involves vitamin E, vitamin K, Vitamin B6, zinc, magnesium, and phosphorous. These vitamins and minerals are good for the overall health of a person. This dry fruit is known for its health properties as it helps control blood cholesterol levels and makes the heart-healthy. Cashew nuts have many health benefits and can be consumed regularly as it is good for bones. Since these nuts have healthy fats, they can be eaten for weight management as cashews give a feeling of feeling full and avoids the person to overeat. There is cashew nut oil available in the market, and it is good for the treatment of wounds and makes the skin healthy.
Vitamins and minerals in cashew nut:
Cashew nuts are extremely nutritious and have many essential vitamins and minerals. Some of these essential vitamins and minerals are:
● Vitamin K
● Vitamin B6
● Vitamin E
Historical uses of cashew nut:
Cashew nuts are used in ayurvedic medicines as these nuts are highly nutritious and have many health benefits. For years, people have consumed cashew nut for treating problems like:
● Heart problems- cashew nuts are known for lowering blood cholesterol levels and improving health.
● Bone problems- Cashew nuts are good for bone health and help in strengthening them over time.
● Weight management- These nuts are a good option for weight management as it involves healthy fats which keeps you from overeating throughout the day.
● Skin problems- Cashew nut oil is good for skin health and is also useful for treating wounds.
Overall, cashews are used regularly to keep the body healthy and active because of their essential vitamins and minerals.
Treating problems using cashew nut:
Cashew nut is a dry fruit that is highly valued for its nutritious properties and is also used in ayurvedic medicines. Cashews are known for their health benefits. Check out all the benefits of Cashew nuts in the treatment of health problems:
1. Helps in the treatment of the metabolic syndrome
Cashew nuts help in the treatment of the metabolic syndrome. Let us look at the scientific view and the ayurvedic view in the treatment of metabolic syndrome using cashew nuts.
According to scientific studies, cashew nuts have antioxidant properties that reduce complications and manage the metabolic syndrome.
According to ayurvedic studies, cashew nuts have Ushna property, which is the hot property of cashew nuts; it removes toxic remains from the body due to improper digestion. This way, cashew nuts help in the management of metabolic syndrome. Some symptoms of this problem are diabetes and obesity. These symptoms can be reduced with the help of cashew nuts.
Ayurvedic tip for the treatment of metabolic syndrome using cashew nut:
You can follow the tips mentioned below for the treatment of metabolic syndrome using cashew nut:
- You could take about four or five cashew nuts.
- Consume these cashew nuts with warm milk two times a day to reduce the symptoms of metabolic syndrome.
- For better results, it would help if you consume milk and cashews regularly.
2. Helps in the treatment of skin problems
Cashew nut is beneficial for treating all skin problems like ulcers, wounds, and skin texture. Cashew nut oil is used for the treatment of all skin problems. When the oil is applied to ulcers or wounds, it helps in faster healing and makes the skin texture soft.
Ayurvedic tip for the treatment of skin problems using cashew nut oil:
Cashew nut oil has a hot property called ushna, which may lead to acne if applied directly to the skin. Therefore, it is advised to always mix the cashew nut oil with coconut oil, olive oil, or rose water. You could follow the steps mentioned below for the treatment of skin problems:
- You can take about half or one full teaspoon of cashew nut powder, or you can also buy readymade cashew nut oil from a local medical store.
- Mix the powder or oil with rose water, coconut oil, or olive oil per your preference and make a thick paste.
- You could then apply this paste to all of your skin problems for faster healing.
3. Helps in the treatment of corns
Cashew nuts have Vata and Kapha balancing property that is beneficial for treating corns that occur on the sole's surface due to vitiation Vata and Kapha dosha. Cashew nut oil is used for treating corn by applying it over the corn and regularly massaging for better results.
Ayurvedic tip for the treatment of corn using cashew nut oil:
Cashew nut oil has Vata and Kapha balancing properties that help in the treatment of corn. Follow the tips mentioned below for treating corns:
- You could take about 3-5 drops of cashew nut oil in a bowl.
- In the bowl, add one tablespoon of coconut oil and mix both the oils properly.
- Apply this mixture of oils on the corn area once or two times a day for better results.
4. Good for heart health
Cashew nuts have a cholesterol-lowering property and supporting heart health. The nuts are known to lower the blood's bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of forming blood clots, which are harmful and lead to heart attacks.
5. Helps in wound healing
Cashew nut powder and cashew nut oil could be used to treat wounds faster as cashew nuts are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E that helps keep the skin texture healthy.
Dosage of cashew nuts recommended by doctors:
The quantity of cashew nuts powder and oil recommended by doctors is as follows:
- Cashew nut powder- you could use half or one tablespoon of cashew nut powder, or you can also use it as per your requirement.
- Cashew nut oil- You could use 3-5 drops of cashew nut oil or use it as per your requirement.
Usage of Cashew nuts in different forms:
Cashew nuts can be used for medical treatment; check out how you can consume or use cashew nut to treat various health problems.
- Cashew nut powder in cooking
You could consume cashew nut as a powder in cooking as it is highly nutritious. Follow these tips for using cashew nut powder in cooking:
- Take about 5-10 cashew nuts and grind them in a grinder to make powder.
- You can then use about one or two tablespoons of this powder by adding it to flour for extra nutrition.
- Cashew nuts
You have the option of directly consuming the cashew nuts for weight management. These nuts give the feeling of feeling full and thus prevents overeating. Follow these tips to consume cashew nuts:
- You could consume about 3-5 cashew nuts regularly in the morning, along with your breakfast.
- Another way for having cashew nuts is by adding them to your salads.
- Cashew nut powder for the healing of wounds
You could use cashew nut powder for treating wounds. You can follow these steps for healing your wounds:
- You could take about half or one tablespoon of Cashew nut powder in a bowl, or you can take according to your requirement.
- Mix this cashew nut powder along with rose water to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on wounds for quick and fast healing.
- Cashew nuts as oil
Cashew nut oil has so many health benefits. It is rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, which are beneficial for skin and hair. You could follow these tips for using cashew nut oil for hair and skin.
A. Cashew nut oil for hair
You can use cashew nut oil for treating dry and frizzy hair. Follow these tips to use cashew nut oil for your hair.
- You could take about 4-5 drops of cashew nut oil in a bowl.
- You can mix this oil with other oils like coconut oil, olive oil, or any other oil of your preference.
- Mix the oils and apply it properly on hair and scalp.
- Massage the oil for a few minutes and then let it stay for 2-3 hours.
- After some time, rinse off the oil with any good shampoo.
- Repeat this procedure every few days or every weak for better results.
B. Cashew nut oil for skin
Cashew nut oil has so many benefits for the skin as it is rich in vitamin E, which is essential for skin health. You can follow these steps for applying cashew nut oil on the skin.
- You could take about 3-5 drops of cashew nut oil, or you can use it according to your preference.
- Apply the oil directly on the skin and massage for a few minutes.
- The oil makes the skin nourished and healthy.
- You can apply this oil as and when needed.
Precautionary guide for using cashew nuts:
Certain precautions must be considered before the consumption of Cashew nuts. Check out certain precautions that must be followed seriously:
● People with allergy:
People who are allergic to almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, pistachio, or pectin must consult their doctors before consuming cashew nuts as cashews come in the above category mentioned-nuts.
● For breastfeeding ladies:
Cashew nuts are pretty safe to consume regularly in your diet. However, it is still better for breastfeeding ladies to consult their doctors to consume cashew nuts.
● For diabetic patients:
The glucose levels of the blood can be increased on the consumption of larger amounts of cashew nuts. However, there is not enough scientific evidence for supporting this, but to be one the safer side, it is advised to monitor the blood glucose level if you are consuming cashew nuts.
● For pregnant ladies:
Cashew nuts are nutritious and can be taken in regular diets. However, to be on the safe side, it is advised that pregnant ladies must consult their doctors before the consumption of cashew nuts in a regular diet.
FAQ about Cashew nuts:
How many cashew nuts are advised to be eaten in a day?
According to doctors' recommendations, it is advised to eat about 4-5 cashew nuts regularly. Cashew nuts have good fats and all the essential vitamins and minerals like iron, magnesium, zinc, Vitamin E, and more. These nutrient contents are beneficial for health problems like the weak immune system, low vision, and anemia. These problems can be treated with the daily consumption of 4-5 cashew nuts.
How to roast cashew nuts at home?
You can easily roast cashew nuts by following these steps:
- Take about one tablespoon of cooking oil in a pan.
- Put few cashew nuts on the pan when the oil is hot enough.
- Start roasting the nuts until they turn light brown in color.
- After the cashews are turned light brown, take them out in a plate and sprinkle salt for taste.
Does cashew nuts help in the treatment of arthritis?
Cashew nuts have the Vata balancing property, which may be beneficial for treating arthritis symptoms as arthritis is the cause of increased Vata. Therefore, it is beneficial for arthritis patients to consume cashew nuts regularly.
Can cough and cold be treated by consuming cashew nuts?
Cashew nuts have the Ushna and Kapha balancing properties, which is beneficial for treating cough and cold. These cashew nuts' properties help remove excess mucus from air passages to give relief from cough and cold. Therefore, it can be said that consuming cashew nuts helps with cough and cold.
Are cashew nuts beneficial for diabetic patients?
Cashew nuts help lower blood glucose levels and increase insulin levels, which is beneficial for diabetic patients.
Is cashew nut milk beneficial for health?
Cashew nut milk is beneficial for cardiovascular and gastrointestinal health as it is rich in potassium. Cashew nut milk is also beneficial for preventing parasitic and infectious diseases, as it is rich in zinc and iron. Pregnant ladies can consume cashew nut milk as it has a beneficial effect on the baby's memory.
Is consuming cashew nuts good for cholesterol levels?
There are two views to this question. Check out the scientific view and the ayurvedic view:
According to scientific studies, cashew nuts contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are beneficial for cholesterol levels. Cashew nuts help in lowering bad cholesterol levels from the body and therefore are beneficial for heart health.
According to ayurvedic studies, cashew nuts have Ushna property, which is beneficial for removing Ama, which is the body's toxic remains. Cashew nuts help remove bad toxins from the body by clearing the bowels as it has rechana property.
Can blood pressure be lowered by consuming cashew nuts?
There are two views to this question. Check out the scientific view and the ayurvedic view:
According to scientific studies, cashew nuts contain oleic acid that may help lower blood pressure and increase good cholesterol levels. Cashews are very beneficial for heart health as it removes bad cholesterol levels and normalizes blood pressure.
According to ayurvedic studies, cashew nuts have Ushna and Rechana properties that are beneficial for good digestion and remove toxins and bad cholesterol from the body. This way, all toxins are removed, and it promotes normal blood flow, and it helps in normalizing the blood pressure.
Does cashew nuts help with hair growth?
Cashew nuts have properties like Snigdha, ropan, and Vata balancing properties, which are beneficial for hair growth. It reduces hair fall and promotes the growth of hair by providing the right nutrition to the hair. You can use cashew nut oil for promoting hair growth. Cashew nut oil can be mixed with coconut oil or olive oil for applying it on the hair and scalp.
( Disclaimer : The content is purely informative and educational in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. Please use the content only in consultation with an appropriate certified medical or ayurvedic doctor. )