Ananas is famously known as Pineapple and is one of the best fruits and therefore known as the king of fruits. Ananas has so many medicinal properties as they are rich in vitamins and nutrients. These fruits are rich in vitamin C, which helps remove all the toxins from the body and boost immunity. Some other nutrients that one can find in ananas are Vitamin A, Vitamin K, manganese, calcium, zinc, and phosphorus. Ananas is used in the treatment of various health problems as they have healing properties. Therefore, ananas can be used to treat urine infections as it has anti-bacterial property. It also helps with the fast digestion of food as it has a bromelain enzyme that helps with digestion. Ananas is also beneficial when consumed in the juice form. It can help boost immunity, keep your body hydrated, and help treat joint pain and inflammation as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
Properties of Ananas:
Ananas has so many beneficial properties that are helpful in the treatment of various health issues. Some of these properties of ananas are as follow:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Laxative property
- Anti-fungal properties
- Anti-bacterial properties
- Vata balancing property
- Anti-cancer property
- Anti-angiogenic property
- Antioxidant property
- Ropan (healing) property
- Sita (cold) property
Historical uses ofAnanas:
Ananas have medicinal properties and people for years consume ananas for its many health benefits. Moreover, ananas is rich in nutrients like vitamin c, manganese, vitamin B6, potassium, magnesium, iron, Vitamin A, vitamin K, and many more. Ananas being the king of fruits, is highly nutritious and provides the body with all the essential nutrients. Some of the health problems that people have treated by consuming ananas are as follows:
- Ananas boost immunity.
- Treatment of arthritis
- Treatment of urinary tract infection.
- Helps in detoxification of the body.
These are some of the problems that have been treated with the help of ananas as they have many healing properties like anti-inflammatory property, anti-bacterial property, antioxidant property, and many more properties that help treat health problems.
Benefits of using Ananas in medicinal treatments:
Ananas is the most nutritious yet delicious fruits that are highly valued when it comes to medical treatments. Ananas is known for its amazing healing properties. Check out all the benefits of Ananas mentioned down-below.
Helps in the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis
According to scientific studies, ananas has an ingredient called bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory properties. That may be beneficial in the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis as it may reduce inflammation and joint pain.
According to ayurvedic studies, ananas has a Vata balancing property that is beneficial for getting rid of the body's toxic waste and giving relief from joint pains and inflammation. In Ayurveda, rheumatoid arthritis is better known as amayata, which happens when there is an imbalance of Vatadosha in the body. However, ananas help balances the Vata of the body and provide relief from joint pain and swelling.
Ayurvedic tip for the consumption of ananas for the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis
If you have arthritis, then you can follow these steps for the consumption of ananas.
- You could take about half or one cup of ananas juice in a glass.
- The next step is mixing jaggery with ananas juice.
- You can then consume the ananas juice with jaggery for reducing the symptoms of arthritis.
- You must consume this one to two times a day for better results.
Helps in the treatment of osteoarthritis
According to scientific studies, ananas has an ingredient called bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that are beneficial for reducing pain, stiffness, or swelling in joints. Therefore, ananas is said to be beneficial in the treatment of osteoarthritis
According to ayurvedic studies, osteoarthritis is caused because of aggravated Vatadosha in the body. However, ananas has Vata balancing properties that are beneficial in treating all the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Ayurvedic tip for the consumption of ananas for the treatment of osteoarthritis
If you are suffering from osteoarthritis, then you can follow these steps for the consumption of ananas.
- You could take about half or one cup of ananas juice in a glass.
- The next step is mixing jaggery with ananas juice.
- You can then consume the ananas juice with jaggery for reducing the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- You must consume this one to two times a day for better results.
Helps in the treatment of urinary tract infection
Ananas have a sita property that helps provide a cool sensation and eliminates burning sensation if you are suffering from urinary tract infection. Ananas is beneficial for the treatment of urinary tract infection, which is an infection that leads to painful urination.
Ayurvedic tip for the treatment of urinary tract infection
If you are suffering from a urinary tract infection, then you can follow these steps:
- You could take about half to one cup of ananas juice in a glass.
- Mix about the same quantity of water in the glass and stir well.
- You must consume this one or two times a day to treat the symptoms of Urinary tract infection.
Helps in the treatment of Ulcerative colitis
Ananas has an anti-inflammatory content known as bromelain that helps in the treatment of ulcerative colitis by reducing inflammation and providing relief. Therefore, if you have ulcerative colitis, you can consume ananas to reduce the symptoms.
Helps in the treatment of sinusitis
Ananas has many medicinal properties that are beneficial in the treatment of sinusitis. Some of the properties of ananas that help a sinusitis patient are an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial property that reduces the inflammation of the nasal membrane and provides relief in breathing.
Good for cancer patients
Ananas is good for cancer patients as they have anti-cancer and anti-angiogenic properties, which slows down cancer cells' growth in the body. Therefore, the consumption of ananas can help slow down cancer from spreading.
Good for skin burns
According to scientific studies, ananas has an ingredient content of bromelain, which is beneficial in treating burnt skin wounds. Moreover, due to the anti-inflammatory property of ananas, skin burns can be treated faster.
According to ayurvedic studies, Ananas have ropan and sita properties that may be beneficial in the treatment of a skin burn or wound; when ananas is applied on the skin burn, the sita, and ropan property help in faster healing of the burn by providing a cool sensation.
Ayurvedic tip for using ananas for skin burns
If you want to treat your skin burns, then you can follow these steps:
- The first step is taking the pulp of ananas in a small bowl.
- Then, you can add honey to the pulp and mix well.
- You could then apply the mixture on your skin burn for about 3-4 hours.
- After 3-4 hours, you can wash off the area with cold water.
- Repeat this procedure one or two times a day for faster recovery.
Dosage of Ananasrecommended by doctors:
The quantity of ananas recommended by doctors is as follows:
- Ananas oil - You could take about 3-5 drops of ananas oil or use it as required.
- Ananas powder- You could take about half or one tablespoon of ananas powder two times a day.
- Ananas juice- You could take about half or one cup of ananas juice or take as required by you.
Usage of Ananasfor medical treatments:
Ananas can be consumed for medical treatment; check out how you can consume this nutritious fruit for your medical treatments.
- Ananas as murabba
You can consume ananas by making murabba out of it. The procedure of making ananasmurabba is simple, and you can follow these steps for the preparation.
- You could take about 3 ananas and chop them into small fine pieces.
- You can then add about 2 cups of sugar to a bowl and add the chopped ananas.
- Mix the sugar and the small pieces of ananas until sugar starts to dissolve in the bowl.
- Let the mixture stay untouched for about 10-12 hours.
- After 10-12 hours, transfer the mixture into a pan and boil it.
- Keep boiling until you get a thick consistency.
- After you get a thick consistency, turn off the gas and add cardamom, cinnamon sticks, and saffron to the mixture.
- You can then wait for the mixture to cool down, and afterward, you can transfer into a jar for storing.
Ananas as chutney
You can consume ananas by making ananas chutney. Check out the whole procedure of making ananas chutney.
- You could remove the covering of ananas and take about half kg ananas cut into normal pieces.
- Put the ananas pieces in a grinder and grind them until there are no lumps.
- After grinding, transfer the contents into a pan and add some sugar and ananas juice.
- Cook the mixture on medium flame and keep stirring the mixture.
- Then, you can add black pepper and salt to the mixture in the pan for taste.
- Keep stirring the mixture until you get a thick consistency.
- After that, cool down the mixture and store in the refrigerator to enjoy the ananas chutney.
Ananas as powder
You can make a powder out of ananas. You can follow these steps for making ananas powder.
- Take one ananas and cut it into fine thin slices.
- Put all the slices on a baking tray.
- You can then start baking the ananas slices in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 225C.
- After 25-30 minutes, remove the baking tray from the oven and start grinding all the dried ananas slices in a grinder.
- After grinding, you will get ananas powder that you can store in an airtight container.
Ananas as a face mask
You can use ananas as a face mask as ananas have so many healing properties, and they are beneficial for the tightening of the skin. Check out how you can use ananas as a face mask.
- You can take small pieces of ananas in a blender.
- You can then add one egg white and one tablespoon of honey in the blender and pieces of ananas.
- Start grinding all the ingredients in the grinder until you get a thick paste.
- Take out the mixture from the grinder in a bowl and start applying on your face and neck,
- Let the mixture stay for about 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, wash off the mixture with cold water and pat dry.
- You can then apply any moisturizer on your face and neck for glowing skin.
Ananas is a hair mask.
You can use ananas as a hair mask as ananas may have beneficial properties for your hair, and it can help treat damaged hair. Check out how you can make a hair mask out of ananas.
- You could take small pieces of ananas as required for your hair in a blender.
- Then you can add about one tablespoon of coconut oil and olive oil.
- For moisture, you can add about 2 tablespoons of yogurt in the blender.
- After adding all the ingredients, start blending until you get a thick paste-like consistency.
- Take out the paste in a bowl and start applying on your hair section-wise.
- Start applying the paste from your roots to the ends of your hair.
- After applying the paste all over your hair, start massaging your hair for about 5 minutes.
- After massaging, you can cover your hair with a shower cap for about 20-30 minutes.
- After 20-30 minutes, wash off the paste from your hair using cold water and a good shampoo.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times in a week for shiny and healthy hair.
Side effects of Ananas:
There may be some side effects of consuming ananas. Check out all the side effects of ananas mentioned below:
- Throat swelling
- Menstrual problem
- Upset stomach
Precautionary guide for consuming Ananas:
Certain precautions must be considered before the consumption of ananas. Check out certain precautions that must be followed seriously:
According to expert advice, you must take care of the following things.
- Ananas must be consumed in the right amount as excess consumption of ananas could lead to thinning of blood as it has bromelain enzyme. Therefore, you must consult your doctor before taking any ananas supplements.
- Ananas contains bromelain in high amounts, which can cause asthmatic attacks when consumed in excess. Therefore, you must consume ananas in the right amount.
- If you are consuming any antibiotics, then you must consult your doctor before consuming ananas as there could be some side effects of consuming ananas if you take antibiotics.
For breastfeeding ladies:
You must avoid ananas if you are breastfeeding as not enough evidence is available whether ananas is safe for breastfeeding ladies or not.
For pregnant ladies:
Pregnant ladies are advised not to consume ananas during pregnancy as there are chances of uterine bleeding after the consumption of ananas. Therefore, pregnant ladies must avoid ananas.
For allergic patients
There are chances of red rashes on the body after the consumption of ananas. Therefore, if you are allergic, you must avoid ananas.
For diabetic patients
Ananas is high in sugar and can increase the sugar level of a diabetic patient. Therefore =, it is advised to check the blood sugar levels if you are consuming ananas.
FAQ about Ananas
What is the shelf life of Ananas?
The shelf life of ananas depends on the time you purchased them. For example, if you purchase uncut ananas, they can last for about 3-5 days if you store them in your refrigerator. If you are purchasing sliced ananas, you can store them in your refrigerator in an airtight container and consume them within 6 days. And canned or frozen ananas have a shelf life of 6 months, and they can be consumed within 6 months.
How many calories do we consume after eating one whole ananas?
Ananas is highly nutritious, and one whole ananas has about 490 calories and weighs about 900 grams.
How to differ between a stale ananas and a fresh one?
A stale ananas will have a brown body and leaves, and the bottom of the ananas will feel soft and wet, and the ananas may also smell like vinegar if they have gone bad. On the other hand, a fresh ananas will have green leaves, and the bottom of the ananas will be solid and dry.
Can we consume ananas if it has brown spots on it?
The brown spots on the outer covering of ananas indicate that it may soon become stale or bad. However, if the ananas' surface is firm and solid, then it is safe to eat ananas with brown spots. But if the surface is wet and soft, then you must not consume the ananas as it has gone bad.
What is the sugar content of ananas?
The sugar contents of fresh ananas are low, but ananas that is canned or frozen are rich in sugar, and they may contain about 15 grams of carbohydrates. Therefore, if you want low sugar content, go for fresh ananas instead of canned or frozen ones.
Can a person who has diabetes consume ananas?
If you have diabetes, then it is advised that you must consume ananas in the right amount as excess consumption could lead to a decrease in blood sugar levels. Therefore, you must consume ananas along with other food items to keep your blood sugar levels controlled.
Is ananas beneficial for people with asthma?
Ananas is highly nutritious, and they can help increase the immunity of a person. Also, ananas has amla and madhur taste that is beneficial for the asthmatic patient as it helps dilute the mucus and providing relief from excess mucus build-up. Therefore, ananas can be beneficial for asthmatic patients if it is consumed in the right amount.
Can we eat ananas on an empty stomach?
There are two views to this question. Check out the scientific view and ayurvedic view of consuming ananas on an empty stomach.
According to scientific studies, consuming a small amount of ananas on an empty stomach may help in its detoxification. However, a person must not consume ananas in excess on an empty stomach as it may lead to vomiting, nausea, or upset stomach.
According to ayurvedic studies, ananas has deepan property that helps in fast digestion. Therefore, ananas can be eaten on an empty stomach for improving the digestive system. However, ananas also has rechana property that can be harmful if consumed in excess and may lead to diarrhea or upset stomach.
Does ananas have any benefits for the heart?
Ananans have bromelain content that is beneficial for the heart. It prevents the gathering of platelet and breaks down all the cholesterol deposits in the blood vessels, which helps manage hypertension. Consuming ananas can help manage blood flow and prevents chest pain.
Does ananas help in the treatment of diarrhea?
There are two views to this question. Check out the scientific view and ayurvedic view of consuming ananas for the treatment of diarrhea.
According to scientific studies, ananas has bromelain content that is beneficial for preventing intestinal pathogens' growth. Moreover, consuming ananas can also help reduce bacteria in the intestinal mucosa.
According to ayurvedic studies, ananas, when consumed in the right amount, is beneficial for health and does not cause diarrhea. However, if consumed in high amounts can lead to diarrhea. Therefore, it is advised to consume ananas in the right quantity.
Does ananas have any benefits for the skin?
Ananas is rich in nutrients like vitamin A and vitamin C that have antioxidant properties that may be beneficial for the skin as it protects the skin from harmful UV radiations. Therefore, consuming ananas can be good for the skin, and it also increases the production of collagen that helps in protecting the skin from damage.
Is ananas effective for managing fat around the belly?
There are two views to this question. Check out the scientific view and ayurvedic view of consuming ananas for reducing belly fat.
According to scientific studies, ananas has high bromelain and fibers contents that may help reduce belly fat. Bromelain and fibers may help reduce appetite and manage weight. Therefore, consuming ananas can help with reducing belly fat.
According to ayurvedic studies, ananas has a guru property that is beneficial for reducing your belly fat. Consuming ananas in the form of juice is the most beneficial as it increases your metabolic activity and helps with faster digestion and weight management.
Are there any benefits to consuming ananas juice?
There are two views to this question. Check out the scientific view and ayurvedic view of consuming ananas juice.
According to scientific studies, ananas juice is highly nutritious for the body as it helps with body hydration and helps boost immunity. Some of the benefits of drinking ananas juice are; help with bone formations helps boost fertility and improve the quality of sperms in men. Moreover, suppose you suffer from motion sickness and nausea. In that case, ananas juice can be consumed to give relief. Ananas juice also has anti-bacterial properties that help prevent viral and bacterial infections.
According to ayurvedic studies, ananas has deepan property that is beneficial for improving the appetite and managing the digestive system. Consuming ananas juice can help increase urine production, which lowers the chances of renal stones or urine infections. Moreover, ananas has rechana and Vata balancing properties that are beneficial for the treatment of constipation, gastritis, abdominal pain, and more.
Does ananas have any benefits for eye health?
Consuming ananas regularly can help improve eye vision as ananas is beneficial for eye health. Therefore, you can consume ananas juice or ananas fruit regularly with your diet to maintain and improve your eye vision.
Can your gums be strengthened by consuming ananas regularly?
Ananas is highly nutritious, and they have high contents of vitamin C, which is good for your gums as it helps prevent gum diseases by inhibiting the growth of bacteria. However, it is advised that one must consume ananas in the right quantity as excess consumption of ananas can cause cavities and may even be harmful to tooth enamel. Therefore, consuming ananas in the right amount can help strengthen your gums.
Can we drink ananas juice while pregnant?
Consuming ananas juice during pregnancy can be harmful and could even lead to miscarriage. Therefore, it is advised to consult your doctor before consuming ananas juice during your pregnancy as excess consumption of ananas juice, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy, is harmful.