We all are in a hurry; we try hard to manage everything in our life stretching ourselves beyond the limits. In this race to achieve everything we often end up harming our body, and our body starts experiencing numerous pain in different parts. The pain which often troubles most of us is; the lower back pain. The maximum number of people suffers from lower back pain. We often experience the pain at the lower back and seek the different treatments for the pain but we rarely know the exact cause of the pain.
Here the reasons which can cause lower back pain:
1. Spondylolisthesis - In this situation, the lower spines slip from its place, this pinch the nerves and thus results in exiting the spinal column.
2. Sprains/strains - A sprain or strain is one of the common reasons for pain. The sprains are caused by overstretching of ligaments and strains are caused due to tears in the muscle.
3. Herniated or Ruptured Disc - This is a situation where the disc gets compressed and as a result, projects outwards resulting in pain.
4. Disc Degeneration - This is one of the most common reasons for lower back pain, it is also known as slip disc. It occurs when the intervertebral discs lose their cushioning ability.
5. Spinal Stenosis - It is a situation where the narrowing of the spinal column starts pushing pressure on the spinal cord and nerves thus resulting in pain or numbness.
6. An Injury - Any accidental injury while playing any sport or any car accident, where the damage happens to tendons, ligaments or muscles may result in lower back pain.
7. Radiculopathy - Any damage, compression or inflammation to the spinal nerve root can cause pain in lower back. This is because the pressure on the nerve root can affect the other body parts that are connected to the nerve.
8. Sciatica - It is the form of radiculopathy where the nerve is the sciatic nerve. It is the nerve that travels from buttocks to the back of the legs; hence any compression in this nerve can cause lower back pain.
9. Infections or Tumors - Any infection or tumor involving the vertebrae can result in lower back pain.
10. Kidney Stones - When there is a situation of stone in the kidney, one can experience lower back pain usual at one side.
11. Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms - This is the situation when the large blood vessel supplying blood to the abdomen, pelvis, and legs becomes too large.
12. Cauda Equina syndrome: This is a medical situation where the disc gets ruptured.
13. The other situations which can cause lower back pain are inflammatory diseases of joints such as arthritis, osteoporosis; bone diseases, endometriosis, and fibromyalgia.
14. Obesity, pregnancy, wrong sitting postures can be also the reason for lower back pain.
The lower back pain can start from the acute pain and if not taken care can become chronic. Ayurveda has many treatments for lower back pain and therapies such as Abhyangam, Kati Basti, Sneha Basti and various other therapies which can help in getting the remove from the pain. The exercise for the lower back and healthy eating habits and lifestyle can be very effective to cure the pain.