Many times there have been cases where the people often get redness in their skin which is followed by itching or swelling or dryness sort of situations. Medically this is a skin disease which is known as Eczema. It is a condition where the skin gets rashes that have redness, itchiness, dryness, and swelling. These are the common symptoms of Eczema. Their many reasons for Eczema, which are due to various eating habits, lifestyle or sometimes it can be genetic. Eczema is more common among children but also can happen to adults. The treatment given to the affected persons is through antibiotics, creams or steroids. However, these are the short-term treatment for Eczema and they can have a side effect on the body. Eczema like disease requires a treatment that can help in getting to solve the problem from the root. Ayurveda treatment of Eczema proves to be very beneficial.
In Ayurveda, Eczema is known as Vicharchika which is due to aggravation of Pitta Dosha. The aggravation of the pitta dosha leads to the accumulation of heating toxins which are known as AMA. These toxins gather in body tissues thus contaminating them and causing Eczema. The Ayurvedic treatment for Eczema works on pacifying the pitta dosha by enhancing digestion and clearing the accumulated toxins.
Handling the Outburst of Eczema in winters
Eczema is a skin disease which can trouble a lot, constant itching and swelling make the person go through the sleepless nights; nevertheless, the condition Eczema becomes tougher in winters. In winters, the weather conditions work as a trigger for Eczema; the skin becomes drier and more sensitive. This leads to winter Eczema where the skin gets winter skin rashes and dry itchy skin. However, some home tips are there to fight this disease but you need to consult an Ayurveda doctor in case of severe Eczema. Eating almonds, coconut, egg white, white chicken, lake water fish, ghee, etc can help in fighting Eczema. This means, the food that preserves the water of the skin and reduces the pitta formation in the stomach. Also, the Ayurvedic remedies prove to be very useful for Eczema as these treatments work in treating the root cause of Eczema.
Ayurvedic treatment for Eczema
- There are Ayurvedic medicines available for Eczema which is made from natural herbs. These medicines are a natural way to treat Eczema.
- To soothe the itchy area and clean them, there is Ayurvedic Ointment made from the herbs such as Triphala or Neem and organic Turmeric powder. The combination of coconut oil and camphor helps in getting relieved from itching. There are various natural ointments made from herbs, which when applied to the affected area, bring big relief to the patient by reducing the itchiness in the skin.
- The best way to get remove the root cause of Eczema is through Panchakarma therapies. These therapies help in detoxifying the body by removing the toxins from the body.
- The juices made from carrot, celery, parsley, spinach, and beetroot helps in purifying the skin.
- The Ayurvedic treatment also recommends a proper diet to the persons such as foods that are too spicy, sour and hard to be digested should be avoided.
The Ayurvedic treatment proves to be very effective for Eczema and helps in understanding the root cause of the problem.