When you see your ‘crowning glory’ tresses all over the floor and on your comb, don’t your heart just break into two pieces? Every day continues the same routine and this increases the anxiety and stress of an individual.
Hair loss is a very serious problem not only for women even for men also and it needs a rightful diagnosis to figure out the cause and work towards a cure for it. The helpful thing is that hair loss can be controlled while using natural home remedies that are totally safe and effective.
Hair loss and dandruff are a very common problem that happens to 1 in every 3 individuals, but the peaceful news is that Ayurveda can help in this. You can regrow hair naturally by using home remedies.
Firstly Know the Causes of Hair Loss and Dandruff?
Hair loss has so many causes. But, firstly we should know the causes of hair loss and dandruff problems before we start to share out the home remedies for hair loss, dandruff, and regrow hair naturally, let's start with understanding the cause of hair loss and dandruff. because, unless you know about the causes, you are going to need to try these home remedies over and over again.
• Lifestyle: With all skin problems, dandruff is one of them, the problem doesn’t start instantly, instead it is the result of a long ready process that is directly affected by your lifestyle.
Aggressive application of hair care chemical and products based shampoo used straightening for hair, hair cells are often connected with outrageous the quality of hair, so the scalp underneath.
• Diet: Your diet is also very important in keeping your scalp nourished or undernourished! Take a moment to think of how much you notice that what you eat, especially to keep your hair and scalp safe?
A balanced diet of slender proteins, fruits, and vegetables, legumes, whole grains, fatty fish like the Indian salmon, and low-fat dairy are the best boosters for healthy hair. Take some low-fat dairy products like skim milk and yogurt are the best sources of calcium, a necessary mineral for hair growth.
• Anxiety and Stress: One of the most overlooked yet famous problems that are straight connected with hair loss and other hair problems is not being able to deal with the anxiety and stress of daily life. Stress is a precursor to numerous health problems, and it starts with small things such as dandruff and hair loss.
May you, believe it or not, stress is related to throwing your sensitive energies out of balance. It has been found that people who are under perpetual stress, have a totally imbalanced proportion of all 3 meticulous energies namely are: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
• Sleep Deprivation: If you are not getting proper sleep every night, is likely that a lot of things are going wrong inside your body too. Dandruff and hair loss are just on the surface of things, but you can make sure that your digestion and metabolism are also suffering from the lack of sufficient rest.
Your body modifies nutrition into essential body tissues and cells when you are sleeping, and here you need to sleep at least 5 to 6 hours every day.
10 Home remedies for hair loss, dandruff, and regrow hair naturally
1. Oil your hair twice in a week: Wait for what? Didn't we just tell you to stop putting your scalp oily? Well, exactly these are two different things. When your scalp gets oily naturally, it is an effect of sebum excreted by your skin cells. If you oil your hair twice a week so, it’s beneficial to relieve hair loss, dandruff and regrow hair naturally.
On the other side, what we are suggesting is to keep your hair properly oil with nourishing oils such as sesame, bhringraj, or coconut oil. Make it a manner to oil your hair twice in a week and take a bath the next day of oiling to keep your hair silky and nice, as well as neat at the roots.
Oiling your hair also helps in deedful the blood cells underneath the scalp which embolden the flux of nutrients to the scalp. This application also helps you to keep your hair strongly rooted at the scalp.
Since dandruff and hair loss are totally related to each other, this practice helps you in the long run and stop hair loss as well as the formation of dandruff.
2. The need for Neem: It is a well-known fact that dandruff results from fungal, and bacterial infections that can take place on your scalp due to intense sweating, or lack of cleaning it at the proper time. Overtime bacteria start developing on your scalp in spacious amounts which starts eating your scalp cells.
To stop them from becoming a big problem, make a paste of neem and use it directly on your hair and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it with normal room temperature water. You will see the result in few days. You can also try using an Ayurveda shampoo.
3. Food for dandruff control: What you eat is going to be very important to keep your dandruff in check. For dandruff control, you need to give attention to your food type. One of the most important reasons for dandruff is excess consumption of spicy, fat, and oily foods.
If possible go on a totally based on fresh fruit diet only for a week. You can then gradually bring in cooked foods into your menu after your body has detoxified and moderation the presence of toxins in your body.
4. Keep yourself hydrated: Hair shaft includes one-quarter of water so drink at least 4 to 8 glasses of water in a day to keep yourself hydrated and for the development of healthy hair length.
5. Garlic juice, onion juice, or ginger juice: Rub one of the liquids from garlic juice, onion juice, or ginger juice on your scalp, keep it overnight and wash it out in the morning. Do it regularly for a week and you will get to know the noticeable result.
6. Magnify diet with protein: Eating lanky meats, soy, fish, or other proteins encourage hair health and in turn helps control hair loss. You can magnify your diet with protein.
7. Vitamins usage for hair loss: Vitamins are not only healthy for overall nicely but also good for preventing your hair loss problem. Vitamin E Best way to blood circulation in the scalp to help improve hair follicles remain generative, vitamin A magnifies the healthy production of sebum in the scalp and vitamin B is helps hair to protect its healthy color.
8. Massage with green tea into your hair: Studies have shown that massage with green tea into your hair can help control hair loss problems. All you need to do is 2 bags of green tea in 1 cup of water, leave to cool, and thereafter, apply it to your hair and keep it for one hour. Rinse your hair thoroughly after an hour. To see the effect, practice this continuously for a week to ten days and then you will get beneficial results.
9. Avert brushing wet hair: When your hair is wet, it is in its weakest state. So you should avert brushing your wet hair because the chances of hair loss increase. But if you must important to comb wet hair, use a wide-toothed comb. Also, avoid brushing hair too repeatedly as doing so can damage your hair and increase loss. Unravel the braided hair with the help of your fingers, not a brush or comb.
10. Regularly wash hair with a mild shampoo: Regular hair washing with a mild shampoo is a part of stop hair loss and dandruff by the way of keeping hair and scalp clean. By doing so, you are reducing the risk of dandruff and infections that may lead to hair loss or breakage. Additional, clean hair gives the impression of more volume.
Bonus tips: Shikakai, reetha, fenugreek, green moong, lemon, hibiscus, amla, neem are some of the most commonly recommended paste of herbs and food items for beautiful and regrow healthy hair, as well as to remedy the problem of dandruff and hair loss. Therefore, it goes without telling you that you must add these to your daily routine. And also, if possible, please avoid chemical-based shampoos and start using Ayurvedic Hair products for a change.
Know What you Should Avoid for Hair Loss and Regrow Hair Naturally
If you want to keep your hair healthy, firstly you must know-how may take care of them. Know here what you should avoid for hair loss and regrow hair naturally. Firstly you need to avoid rubbing your hair dry with a towel. Rather, let your hair dry naturally.
Detract Alcoholic Beverages
If you are suffering from hair loss than detract your alcoholic beverages intake because drinking alcoholic beverages affecting your hair growth. So decrease or eliminate alcohol to see an enhancement in hair growth.
Smoking cigarettes detract the amount of blood that fluxes to the scalp and this reason a reduction in hair growth.
Manage time for physical activity every day. Walk, bike, or swim for 30 minutes a day helps reducing stress levels, balance hormonal levels besides reducing hair loss.
Studies in the past have found medical confirmation to link stress with hair loss. De-stress yourself one of the ways of doing it is by exercises and meditation. Alternative therapies such as yoga and meditation not only decrease stress but improve hormonal balance.
Avoid Constant Drying & Heating
Don't use drying and heating procedures on your hair too frequently. Heat weakens your hair proteins, and constant drying and heating can lead to brittleness and that weakness causes your hair loss.
Keep your Head Sweat-Free
The individuals with oily hair, suffering from dandruff during the summer season due to sweating, and the chances of hair loss increase mostly. Using shampoos that contain neem and aloe vera can keep the head cool and prevent dandruff and hair loss but some people are allergic to aloe vera, So first of all check that there is no problem with it.
Also, people, who wear helmets experience major hair loss in the summer season. As the sweat collects in the pores and weakens hair roots causing hair loss in everyone. So wearing a bandanna/ scarf over your hair or a terry cloth headband can prevent hair loss.
Change your Style of Hair (for men with long hair)
If you are dealing with hair loss lately, you must loosen up your hair. Hairstyles such as braids, artificial hairstyles, and ponytails tug hair or pull hair follicles, and can lastly reason is alopecia.
Take Care of Your Health
Health problems are harbingers of hair loss. Ensure you deal with high fevers, chronic illnesses, and infections proper to secure healthy hair.
Keep a Watch on Medication
Somewhat medications may have side-effects, one of which could be hair loss problems. Consult with your doctor to ask about the situation that you may have. Let your doctor know if the medication is causing hair loss and if that is the case, ask him that they can change the medication.
Keep Away from Chemicals
Permanent hair color and harsh chemical products could be damaging for hair health. When you are suffering from hair loss, it is advised please not to color your hair.
Schedule Appointments with Doctors Regularly
There are so many health conditions, most skin-related conditions, that cause variation in hormonal balances which in turn directly to hair loss problems. Make sure you schedule your appointment with the doctor regularly for your underlying conditions and illnesses.
Before you leave this page, remember this, dandruff and hair loss are similar problems, but the treatments are also very similar. The choice is totally yours whether you want a temporary solution or the root-cause therapy of your problem? You can consult with our doctors they will surely help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will hair loss from dandruff grow back?
Hair loss due to dandruff is not stable. Once you manage dandruff, your hair follicles are healed and your hair grows back. Various scalp conditions can be confused for dandruff. Though not a direct reason for hair fall, dandruff can accelerate hair fall.
Is there any way to stop hair loss?
While there's no treatment for hair loss, there are ways to finally treat the symptoms and keep the hair you have. Regular use of minoxidil or finasteride (or a combination of the two) can mitigate the effects of male pattern baldness and stop hair loss.
Why is my head itchy and hair falling out?
Fungal infections, allergic reactions to hair products, and inflamed hair follicles can cause the scalp to itch and also damage hair follicles, leading to hair loss. In other cases, scarring on the scalp can cause severe itching because scar tissue can damage the nerve fibers in the skin.
Why is my hair becoming so thin?
Thinning hair can be caused by many factors, including genes, diet, stress, and illness, says Lisa Salmon. Thinning hair isn't just a problem that men suffer with. ... Reasons for thinning hair can range from simple and temporary – such as a vitamin deficiency – to much more complex underlying health problems.
Which fruit is best for hair?
The best sources are blackcurrants, blueberries, broccoli, guava, kiwi fruits, oranges, papaya, strawberries, and sweet potatoes. Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen which strengthens the capillaries that supply the hair shafts.