Dashmularishta, also known as Dasamoolarishtam, is an Ayurvedic formula that includes more than 50 herbs and ten herbal roots called Dashamula. It is widely used as a health tonic. It is a fermented liquid supplement made from a variety of healthy herbal ingredients.
It is used to relieve weakness after childbirth. It gives women strength after childbirth and helps the uterus to restore its normal size and shape. It is also known for its benefits to women's overall health and female reproductive system. It can strengthen the muscles in the uterus and help the uterus to contract, thereby improving menstruation.
In Ayurveda, many doctors also recommend Dashmularishta to treat complications after childbirth and restore hormones, thanks to its Vata balance and Balya (power supplier) properties, which help improve women's health.
Herbs/Components Used in the Dashmularishta
Dashmularishta is an ayurvedic medicine which is composed of 10 natural herbs.
- Aegle marmelos Root/Stem Bark 48 g
- Solanum xanthocarpum Plant (Whole) 48 g
- Oroxylum indicum Root/Stem Bark 48 g
- Solanum indicum Plant (Whole) 48 g
- Gmelina arborea Root/Stem Bark 48 g
- Stereospermum suaveolens Root/Stem Bark 48 g
- Premna mucronata (Official substitute) Root/Stem Bark 48 g
- Desmodium gangeticum Plant (Whole) 48 g
- Uraria picta Plant (Whole) 48 g
- Tribulus terrestris Plant (Whole) 48 g
- Plumbago zeylanicum Root 240 g
- Inula racemosa Root 240 g
- Symplocos racemosa Stem Bark 192 g
- Tinospora cordifolia Stem 192 g
- Emblica officinalis Pericarp 154 g
- Fagonia cretica Plant (Whole) 115 g
- Acacia catechu Heart Wood 77 g
- Pterocarpus marsupium Heart Wood 77 g
- Terminalia chebula Pericarp 77g
- Saussurea lappa Root 19 g
- Rubia cordifolia Root 19 g
- Cedrus deodara Heart Wood 19 g
- Embelia ribes Fruit 19 g
- Glycyrrhiza glabra Root 19 g
- Clerodendrum serratum Root। 19 g
- Feronia limonia Fruit Pulp 19 g
- Terminalia bellirica Pericarp 19 g
- Boerhavia diffusa Root 19 g
- Piper retrofractum Stem 19 g
- Nardostachys jatamansi Rhizome 19 g
- Callicarpa macrophylla Flower 19 g
- Hemidesmus indicus Root 19 g
- Carum carvi Fruit 19 g
- Operculina turpethum Root 19 g
- Vitex negundo Seed 19 g
- Pluchea lanceolata Leaf 19 g
- Piper longum Fruit 19 g
- Areca catechu Seed 19 g
- Hedychium spicatum Rhizome 19 g
- Curcuma longa Rhizome 19 g
- Anethum sowa Fruit 19 g
- Prunus cerasoides Stem 19 g
- Mesua ferrea Stamens 19 g
- Cyperus rotundus Rhizome 19 g
- Holarrhena antidysenterica Seed 19 g
- Pistacia integerrima Gall 19 g
- Pueraria tuberos (Official substitute) Root Tuber 19 g
- Microstylis wallichii Root Tuber 19 g
- Polygonatum cirrhifolium Root Tuber 19 g
- Asparagus racemosus (Official substitute) Root Tuber 19 g
- Withania somnifera (Kakoli Official substitute) Substitute Root 19 g
- Withania somnifera (Ksheer kakoli Official substitute) Substitute Root 19 g
- Dioscorea bulbifera (Riddhi Official substitute) Substitute Root Tuber 19 g
- Dioscorea bulbifera (Vriddhi Official substitute) Substitute Root Tuber 19 g
- for decoction Water 20 l reduced to 5 l
- Vitis vinifera Dry Fruit 600 g
- for decoction Water 2।45 l reduced to 1।84 l
- Honey 307 g
- Jaggery 3।8 kg
- Woodfordia fruticosa Flower 290 g
- Piper cubeba Fruit 19 g
- Coleus vettiveroides Root 19 g
- Santalum album Heart Wood 19 g
- Myristica fragrans Seed 19 g
- Syzygium aromaticum Flower Bud 19 g
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum Stem Bark 19 g
- Elettaria cardamomum Seed 19 g
- Cinnamomum tamala Leaf 19 g
- (Nagakeshara) Mesua ferrea Stamens 19 g
- Piper longum Fruit 19 g
- Strychnos potatorum Seed QS
Helps Increase Appetite: Dashmularishta acts as a digestive stimulant and increases the appetite of fresh mothers. Tonics also help improve the mother's digestion.
Lowering Fever in Fresh Mothers: Dashmularishta has an antipyretic effect and helps relieve fever in women who have recently given birth. Postpartum fever can be high or low. Dashmularishta helps control the symptoms associated with these types of fevers.
Improve digestion: Many women are more likely to develop digestive problems such as IBS and diarrhea after having a baby. Regular use of Dashmularishta helps alleviate these problems due to its mild astringent properties.
Strengthening: Dashmularishta is rich in energizing herbs and helps women to increase strength after giving birth. It also helps relieve pain and improve physical fitness.
Boosting Immunity: Dashmularishta contains compounds that help boost and strengthen the immunity of fresh mothers.
Back pain: Women may experience back pain and stiffness after having a baby. Because of its pain relieving properties, Dashmularishta can help alleviate these problems.
Reducing Postpartum Discomfort: Dashmularishta improves a woman's metabolism after having a baby. Tonics are rich in minerals and vitamins and provide the body with nutrients. Tonics also help improve digestion and help women overcome fatigue and weakness.
Reduce psychological stress: Dashmularishta gives women psychological relief and strengthens their mind and body. Tonics have a rejuvenating effect to improve mental health.
Improves the skin: Dashmularishta has antioxidant properties that give the skin a natural glow. Tonics help remove acne, darkening, and dark circles that are present on the skin.
Dashmularishta Side Effects
Dashmularishta has no known side effects. However, overdose can affect different people in different ways. Therefore, if you feel any discomfort after taking it, see a doctor immediately.
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of tonic with the same amount of water and consume after meals.
- Alternatively, take the dose recommended by your doctor.
Storage and Safety Information
- Please read the label carefully before use.
- Keep away from children.
- The drug should be stored at room temperature.
- The medicine should keep me away from direct sunlight and direct sunlight.
- The drug should be stored in a dry place so that it does not retain water.
Online Purchase of Dashmularishta
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Can I take Dashmularishta with alcohol?
Ans. Not so. Do not take Dashmularishta with alcohol as it can cause excessive drowsiness.
Q. Should I avoid certain foods while taking Dashmularishta?
Ans. No, Dashmularishta does not interact with food, so there is no need to forego certain foods when administering this medicine. However, depending on your health, you may be asked to avoid certain foods.
Q. What if I keep forgetting to take Dashmularishta?
Ans. Missing a single dose of the medicine may not be very effective. However, for the drug to work properly, there must always be a certain concentration of the drug in the body. If the patient is constantly lacking a dose of Dashmularishta, the drug may not be able to completely cure the prescribed condition.
Q. Is Dashmularishta available as an over-the-counter drug?
Ans. Yes, Dashmularishta is an Ayurvedic medicine that can be purchased without a doctor's prescription.
Q. Is Dashmularishta Just a Prescription Drug?
Ans. No, Dashmularishta is not a prescription drug. This medication is often prescribed to women to help regain strength after giving birth.
Q. Is Dashmularishta addicted?
Ans. No, Dashmularishta is not addictive.
Q. Does Dashmularishta contain sugar?
Ans. Yes, health tonics contain sugar.
Q. Should I avoid certain foods while consuming Dashmularishta?
Ans. Ayurvedic medicines do not react with other foods. However, depending on your health, your doctor may ask your new mom to avoid certain foods.
Read in Hindi► Dashmularishta Benefits and Side Effects in Hindi - दशमूलारिष्ट के फायदे और नुकसान