Ayurveda has been remembered to cure uncountable ailments for centuries and keeps to do so by its age-old practice of maintaining the several systems in our body through herbal cures. One such marvelous herb is known as Brahmi which has often been considered as a brain booster. Brahmi is a small mellow herb with a great many branches, sourcing at the nodes, found at pitches from sea level to altitudes of 4400 feet.
It grows matter of course in moist soil, shoal water, and marshes. It has small flowers that colors are light purple or white in color with not more than four or five petals. The whole plant comprising the flowers can be used for medicinal purposes. It has a sweet and bitter taste and is known to impart cooling energy.
Brahmi is a therapeutic herb usually used as a memory enlarger, health, and aphrodisiac tonic. According to Ayurvedic Experts, Brahmi is best for repairing your brain functions and strengthening your memory. It improves the three facets of memory which add long term memory and the preventing capacity. Brahmi has a cooling property that keeps the mind relax and free of anxiety. It also encourages sound sleep.
Here are eight amazing profits of Brahmi and how it can help you achieve good health.
1. Brahmi detracts stress and anxiety as it detracts the levels of cortisol, which is known as the stress hormone. Brahmi counteracts the impacts of stress by regulating hormones involved with the stress response.
2. Brahmi is known to help ease the symptoms of Alzheimer’s ailment due to the existence of the amyloid connexion in the neuron that is responsible for destroying the brain. The bio-chemical known as bacosides in Brahmi helps in re-building brain tissues by impacting the brain cells.
3. As advised by Ayurvedic experts, Brahmi helps in boosting your memory. It has a positive impact on the hippocampus part of the brain that is amenable for memory, intelligence, and concentration. Absorbingly, the leaf of the Brahmi herb has an equal shape to that of the cerebellum - section of the brain which helps in maintaining memory and concentration.
4. Brahmi is known for regulating the blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes and may help be rectified symptoms of hypoglycemia.
5. Regular consuming Brahmi helps in strengthening your immunity system. A lot of nutrients along with antioxidant enclosures help enhance the response time of our immunity system against several diseases and diseases.
6. Brahmi can be a great remedy that supplies ease from arthritis, gout, and other phlogistic situations. It also helps in soothing gastric ulcers and curing irritable bowel syndrome(IBS).
7. Brahmi is full of antioxidants that are important for living a healthy life. Antioxidants help in preventing free radicals that can further convert into cancer cells.
8. Beauty profits of Brahmi: Brahmi oil is great for preventing hair fall and curing a dry scalp. The antioxidant factors not only help in rejuvenating your scalp but also upgrade the regeneration of healthy hair. These antioxidants also help get rid of all the toxins from the body and increase your skin complexion by encouraging cell regeneration. Brahmi is good for curing hair issues like itchiness, the formation of split ends, and dandruff. Moreover, the friction of the scalp with Brahmi oil is felt to be very soothing.
Brahmi leaves (fresh or dry) can be used to make a tea that helps to relax you down and espouses stress and anxiety. There are Brahmi appendages available in the markets as pills or in powdered form, but it is reasonable to take these supplements only after consulting with an Ayurveda doctor or a health expert.
Are you an Ayurveda doctor? Download our App from Google PlayStore now!
Download NirogStreet App for Ayurveda Doctors. Discuss cases with other doctors, share insights and experiences, read research papers and case studies. Get Free Consultation 9625991603 | 9625991607 | 8595299366