Tonsillitis, An array of things come to mind at the very mention of this situation strep throat, tonsillectomies...unlimited ice cream. While infection and inflammation of the tonsils happen most generally in children nearly all children in the United States experience at least one episode of infected or inflamed tonsils, it is also possible for a casualty in adults as well. Here’s a brief guide to this very normal condition and How to cure tonsillitis in 4 hours naturally.
What is Tonsillitis?
Ayurveda describes tonsillitis as “Galaayu”. Tonsillitis is a tonsils infection, two masses of tissue at the back of your throat. Your tonsils work as filters, your tonsils trapping germs that could otherwise germ enter your airways and it will become a problem of infection. They can also make antibodies to fight infection. But sometimes, they get overcome by bacteria or viruses. Because this can make them swollen and inflamed. When you got infected with tonsillitis, firstly you need to know what is tonsillitis, how many types are there in tonsillitis, what are the symptoms you’ll see, and what are the ayurvedic remedies for tonsillitis.
Tonsillitis is very common, mainly in children. It can happen once in a while or come back again in a short period of time.
How Many Types of Tonsillitis
There are four types of tonsillitis:
1. Chronic Tonsillitis- This is when you have tonsil infections for the long-term.
2. Recurrent Tonsillitis- This is when you have tonsillitis several times in a year.
3. Acute Tonsillitis- These symptoms generally last 3 or 4 days but can last up to 2 weeks.
4. Peritonsillar Abscess- Individuals often have serious throat pain, drooling, fever, difficulty opening the mouth, foul breath, and muffled voice quality, such as the hot potato voice.
Tonsillitis's Causative Factors According to Ayurveda
Tonsillitis can be caused/worsened due to
1. Intake of cold foodstuff or cold water such as cold drinks, ice cream
2. Cold climate
3. Exposure to the cold breeze
4. Excess intake of oily food
Symptoms of Tonsillitis:
Formulations suggested in Tonsillitis:
Pushkaramoolasava– Works in curing Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder, Bronchitis, etc.
Shringyadi choornam– Easy combination of three herbs, used in the cure of shushka-kasa(cough), jwara roga(fever), and vomiting in children.
Pippalyasava– It works in the cure of anemia, digestive complaints, sprue, piles, liver disorders, lymph tissue disorders, etc.
Sithopaladi Choorna– Widely used this Ayurvedic medicine for shushka-kasa(cough), even for kids also.
Dashamoola Katutraya Kashaya– It is widely work in the cure of respiratory conditions.
Shwasakuthara Rasa– Works in cure of shushka-kasa(cough), cold, bronchitis, asthma, indigestion, and anorexia.
Kaphakutara Rasa- It used in Kapha type of jwara roga(fever), with weakness in the body.
Thalisadi Choorna– It used in the Ayurvedic cure of respiratory and digestive conditions.
Kanchanara Guggulu– It used in lymphatic system disorders, jwara roga(fever), shushka-kasa (cough), cold, etc. Useful to relieve pain and inflammation.
Nimbadi Kashayam– It is useful even in the early stages of bacterial infections.
Khadiradi Vati– It is advised to keep this tablet in the mouth and take its pieces slowly, used in Ayurvedic cure of stomatitis, diseases of teeth, bad breath, dental caries, tonsillitis, diseases of the throat, etc
Gorochanadi Gulika– It used in shushka-kasa(cough), bronchitis, colds, diseases of the throat, How to cure tonsillitis in 4 hours naturally tonsillitis, chronic fever, and asthma.
Nirgundyadi Oil– It Applied locally over the inflamed area to relieve pain and swelling.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies
Simple home remedies for Tonsillitis
1. The thorns of Tejohwa (toothache tree) -Zanthoxylum alatum Roxb. is collected. It is rubbed well with lemon juice and fine past.
2. 25 ml of lemon juice is added to 100 ml of boiled water. While boiling 5 gm each of salt, pepper, and turmeric powder are added. When the quantity of water is reduced to 50-60 ml, it is filtered. This is helpful for mouth gargling. Two to three days of gargling gives good relief from pain and swelling reasoned due to tonsillitis.
Are you an Ayurveda doctor? Download our App from Google PlayStore now!
Download NirogStreet App for Ayurveda Doctors. Discuss cases with other doctors, share insights and experiences, read research papers and case studies. Get Free Consultation 9625991603 | 9625991607 | 8595299366