One of the most common body pains is Back Pain. The person having the Back Pain does not even get to understand that when the slight back pain becomes chronic, making a person miserable in performing even the simplest of activities like walking, sitting or even resting. The people who take painkillers to suppress the light back pain in starting regrets their decision later because if not taken care then the pain becomes chronic. The people with the back pain, therefore, look up to the Ayurvedic Treatment and Therapies to get the relive from the Back Pain.
Here is all the details about the back pain; briefing about the reason for back pain and consequently the Ayurvedic Treatments and Therapies for it.
Cause Of Back Pain:
The Back Pain can occur because of various reasons, the reasons could be due to a medical condition such as disc degeneration, strains, sciatica, ruptured discs and so on. The other reason for back pain is the lifestyle such as sitting for long hours, overweight, smoking or back pain can be caused due to increasing age. The back pain generally starts from the minor pain at back and then it increases gradually.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Back Pain:
Acute Back Pain is the one which generally start because of playing some sports or lifting a heavy object. The acute pain is treated with either through muscle relaxants or with a hold or cold compresses. The Chronic Back Pain is the pain which lasts more than three months. The chronic pain is the condition that need treatment according to it. The proper diagnosis is performed to check with the cause of pain. The person is suggested to make the changes in lifestyle as well along with the treatment through medicated oils.
the Ayurveda has the therapies to relieve the back pain. These therapies are very effective and work wonders even for the Chronic Pain. These therapies are:
1) Abhyangam - In this therapy, a full body massage is done using Ayurvedic Oils. The massage lubricates the body joints, improves the blood circulation and relieves the pain and aches.
2) Pizhichil - The literal name of this therapy; Pizhichil is squeezing; the same is done in this therapy. A cloth is soaked in the medicated oil periodically and squeezed on to the body of a patient. It helps in improving muscle tone and strengthens the muscle tone.
3) Kati Basti - In this therapy, a well is created at the Lower Back of the patient using the black gram paste or wheat flour, the warm herbal oil is then poured into the well and retained there. This therapy helps in relieving the pain.
4) Sneha Basti-Basti or Vasti means the medicated Enemas. Sometimes the cause of back pain is constipation or accumulation of gas in the stomach which can cause back pain, so Basti is the treatment for the vitiated Vayu. This treatment involves Enema using the medicated oil.
5) Kashya Basti - This treatment involves Enema using the medicated Decoction.
6) Kizhi - In this treatment, all the herbs, rice, spices, and sand is tied in a muslin cloth to make small sachets. This is then heated and pounded slightly over the body or any specific part as required. This help in reliving the pain immediately.
Ayurvedic treatment is really effective for the Back Pain.
Are you an Ayurveda doctor? Download our App from Google PlayStore now!
Download NirogStreet App for Ayurveda Doctors. Discuss cases with other doctors, share insights and experiences, read research papers and case studies. Get Free Consultation 9625991603 | 9625991607 | 8595299366