Platenza syrup is a mixture of plant extracts that have powerful affect on your blood count level, some of these plants will force the body to increase the blood count(papaya), some will stop the breakdown of the platelets( Guduchi) and then the bioenhancers in this syrup make this drug more effective by increasing the action of each drug used.
This syrup is unique and more effective than other medicine because it works on the concept of swaras. It takes out the biochemically active ingredient from these drugs and then combine them to make a sure-shot solution for the issue of fallen or low blood count in dengue or malaria fever.
Himalaya Platenza Syrup is helpful when it comes to increasing platelet count and combating thrombocytopenia (decreased platelet count). In Dengue, the platelet count is generally reduced due to the presence of antibodies against platelets, bone marrow suppression and infected cells destroying the platelets.
Platenza Syrup is 100% Ayurvedic and safe and also available in tablet form in the market. Platenza Syrup dosage depends on the age, gender, weight, and condition of the patient. So let's start this article in which you will get complete information about the Platenza Syrup.
Platenza Syrup Shloka
As of such, this concoction is not found in classical texts of Ayurveda but there are texts related to individual action of these plants explaining the overall action of the syrup as a platelets count enhancer.
तामलकी हिमा तिक्ता कषाया मधघुरा छूघुः |
रोचनी पांडुपित्तास्तकफकुछ्ठ विषापद्द ।
जयेच्छासतृषादाह हिधष्माकासकतक्षयान् ।! (के. नि.)
अस्॒ता सांग्राहिक-वातहर-दी पनीय-श्लेष्मशो णितविवन्धप्रशम ना नाम
ज्ञेया गुड्ड्ची गुरुरुष्णवीर्या तिक्ता कषाया ज्वरनाशिनी च । 4
दाहात्तितृष्णावमिरक्तवातप्रमेहपाण्डुअमहारिणी च ॥? (रा. ति.)
Platenza Syrup Ingredients
Ingredients that are used in the Platenza Syrup:
Giloy(Guduchi): It is used as an immune-modulator where it helps control autoimmune conditions like thrombocytopenia. Other than the modern studies it has been mentioned in classical texts that its swaras (Or extract of bioactive enzymes- virya) is given in vishamjwar and jeerna-jwar.
Black Pepper(Maricha): It is used here because of one of its many active ingredients called piperine. Piperine here is a bioenhancer, or in laymans term is used to make any drug move throughout the body more easily and frequently. Many conventional ayurvedic drugs contain pippali or maricha for this purpose only. In modern we call it bioenhancer and in Ayurveda we call it making a drug ‘yogwahi’.
Papaya(Arundkarkati): It is used to increase the blood count, in classical texts also it has been mentioned it helps in yakrit and pliha action, helps in rakt vikar and more.
Bhumi Amla(Bhudhatri): Here it is used to combat vishamjwar(malaria), is used to control rakt vikar and more.
Himalaya Platenza Benefits
- Helps in increasing the blood count of the patient
- Can help in various types of fever
- Helps in thrombocytopaenia
- Can help in treating weakness of heart if used with Arjunarisht or kukubhadi churna
- Can be used to treat for general weakness of the body.
Himalaya Platenza Syrup Side Effects
- It increases platelet count and reduces rash and infections during dengue without side effects and prevents the complication of thrombocytopenia.
- Helps reduce fever, increases platelet count and supports immune function. It deals with digestive problems, liver problems, gout and rheumatism.
- Improves platelet count and strengthens the immune system, keeping other contagious infections at bay
- It acts as an antioxidant and improves digestion. It also detoxifies the blood.
- These tablets help with dengue fever and also improve overall immunity.
- It is used to treat respiratory problems, the common cold, flu, headaches, urinary tract infections, and fluid retention.
Platenza Syrup Medicine Online
Himalaya Platenza Syrup Dosage
- For children ranging from the age of 2-5 years- take ½ to 1 teaspoon twice and daily
- For children in between 5-10 years take 1-2 teaspoons or 5-10 ml twice daily
- For 11 and above- take 2-3 teaspoons twice and daily
Factors for dosage of any drugs are multifaceted, kindly consult a physician or vaidya to get a prescription best suited for you unique health.
Platenza Syrup Storage & Safety Information
Platenza Syrup storage and safety information are:
- Protect the bottle from moisture by keeping the lid tightly shut.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
- Keep the medicine at room temperature or slightly below room temperature.
- Please read the label carefully.
Platenza Syrup FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. Does daily consumption of Himalaya Platenza Syrup cause any side effects?
Ans. No side effects have been observed for the Himalaya Platenza Syrup.
Q. Is Himalaya Platenza Syrup safe to take during pregnancy or lactating period?
Ans. Consult your family practitioner for pregnancy and lactation-related questions, but it is generally advised to not take this concoction during these times.
Q. Can I consume Himalaya Platenza Syrup with milk?
Ans. Yes, you can definitely consume milk after drinking the recommended dosage of this medicine. You can also drink it mixed in milk, but that way the effectiveness of medicine can vary.
Q. When should I consume Himalaya Platenza Syrup?
Ans. Twice a day, in the morning and the evening.
Q. Is Himalaya Platenza Syrup available as an over-the-counter drug?
Ans. Yes, it is available as an over-the-counter drug.
Q. Is Himalaya Platenza Syrup used for weight gain or increasing appetite?
Ans. Yes, it can be used to increase appetite, but there are other medicines in the market which will work better for this purpose
Q. Should I avoid allopathic medicine while taking Himalaya Platenza Syrup?
Ans. Ayurveda medicines do not react with other medicines but please consult your doctor for further specifications.
Q. What is the source of Himalaya Platenza Syrup?
Ans. Himalaya Platenza Syrup is a herbal composition.
Q. Should I avoid certain food items while consuming Himalaya Platenza Syrup?
Ans. No, Himalaya Platenza Syrup does not react to any food items, however kindly talk to your doctor for the types of food to avoid in your condition as you may take this medicine with problems like malaria or dengue and in those conditions certain foods should be avoided.
Q. Does Platenza Syrup cause any drowsiness?
Ans. Platenza Syrup doesn’t cause any drowsiness.
Q. Can I take Himalaya Platenza Syrup to increase athletic performance?
Ans. It won’t directly affect the performance but the generalized improvement in health will help increase the performance.
Himalaya Platenza Syrup Reference
The medicine has been derived modernly and the researched made for it can be accessed by contacting the Himalaya Drug Company directly.